Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Hero Suggestion (Plus one other one)  (Read 4853 times)

June 08, 2011, 08:51:07 PM

Offline admiralcamo

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +2/-2
    • View Profile
Hero Suggestion (Plus one other one)
« on: June 08, 2011, 08:51:07 PM »
Hero

I have a hero unit suggestion for the Imperial Remnant. The 501st division. This is an Elite group of soldiers dedicated to the Empire. A group of 30 Powerful Stormtroopers make up this squad.

While they are the best of the best, they cannot be respawned, they may be repurchased though, but only for a hefty price.

The 501st is available to all Empire Leaders, with the exception of Warlord Zsiji Campaign.

EDIT: I KNEW I forgot something

Maps
The maps should allow you to move and place units and sturctures, like FoC.

June 08, 2011, 08:56:22 PMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: Hero Suggestion (Plus one other one)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 08:56:22 PM »
After Endor the Imperial 501st was dissolved, so no Imperial leaders in the mod would have had them. The Empire of the Hand made a new 501st legion, and Aurek Seven (one of the EotH heroes) is a squad from the EotH 501st.

I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

June 08, 2011, 10:13:02 PMReply #2

Offline admiralcamo

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 10:13:02 PM »
Your right, however, the 501st should also be available in campaigns without the Empire of the Hand with Thrawn and up.

June 08, 2011, 10:14:33 PMReply #3

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 10:14:33 PM »
Why?
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

June 08, 2011, 10:31:30 PMReply #4

Offline admiralcamo

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 10:31:30 PM »
Canon, and it would be fun to play around with this team.

EDIT: What about my other suggestion?

June 08, 2011, 10:36:14 PMReply #5

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 10:36:14 PM »
It isn't canon, like I said it was dissolved after Endor and only reinstated within the Empire of the Hand. It was never part of the Imperial Remnant.

As for the maps thing, we had some extraction issues that stopped the base layout function from working, which we will fix if we can.

June 09, 2011, 12:01:19 PMReply #6

Offline admiralcamo

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 12:01:19 PM »
It WAS part of Thrawn, and before you go back to the canon thing again, look at veers. He was sent on a suicide mission in the SW canon. But here, we can choose to keep him alive. Same goes for the squad, we can choose to have them defend the Imperial Remnant, or go help the EoH. He should be available as a part of Thrawn's Campaign, but in AoW, they should be just a part of the Empire of the Hand.

June 09, 2011, 12:24:12 PMReply #7

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 12:24:12 PM »
Thrawn recreated it for the Empire of the Hand. Saying Thrawn could have chosen to make them for the IR instead of EotH so the IR should get them too is like saying the NR could have decided to give the IR some of their ships so the IR should be allowed to build them. There is no way within EaW to simulate that "choice" so we stick with what they actually did.

Also, there's nothing special enough about the 501st on the whole which makes them suitable to be hero units. We've had this discussion before. Every stormtrooper has to be part of one unit or another. The reason the Empire of the Hand gets Aurek Seven from the 501st is because they actually did something. There was no IR 501st, so there's nobody within it that did enough to warrant being a hero (obviously, if they don't exist). The 501st in EotH wasn't formed within the Empire, either. Aurek Seven in particular had at least one alien in it that was part of a species that was only within the Empire of the Hand, and the Empire never would have done that.

July 29, 2011, 07:14:21 PMReply #8

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 07:14:21 PM »
What about General Evir Derricote or Agent Kirtan Loor for Isard's era?
Derricote created the Krytos virus, could have the bonus of whatever planet he's on being toxic(inflicting damage automatically) on enemy infantry.
Loor could have an infiltration ability or act as a sort of saboteur similar to the defilers in FoC.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

March 01, 2012, 07:41:33 AMReply #9

Offline Saladmander

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 07:41:33 AM »
Why doesn't the New Republic have Wraith Squadron? It would be great to have it as a Space/Ground hero.

March 01, 2012, 09:12:51 PMReply #10

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 09:12:51 PM »
Please try to find more recent threads to post things in. We don't are about necroposting all that much as long as it's on topic, but this thread is pre-1.3 and from almost a year ago so starting a new one would probably be a better idea.

Anywho, we want to get Wraith into the Hunt for Zsinj GC, but they've always been pretty low priority and they'd be pretty hard to implement properly. I'm not actully sure if it's even possible to use a squadron as a hero attachment thing in space, so even if we did do it it might only be possible as a space-only thing.

March 02, 2012, 06:46:14 PMReply #11

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 06:46:14 PM »
Well if Wraith can't be done why not add Rogue who also played a major part in the HfZ?
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

March 09, 2012, 04:32:18 PMReply #12

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2012, 04:32:18 PM »
We didn't want the NR to have too much of an advantage at that point.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!