Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Last Person to Post Wins  (Read 825794 times)

May 23, 2016, 09:02:09 AMReply #860

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Last Person to Post Wins
« Reply #860 on: May 23, 2016, 09:02:09 AM »
I was a vegetarian for four years before I stopped (for a few reasons, I'd still rather be one). In that time, the only time I'd talk about it would be when people asked why I was/wasn't eating something, and every single time I'd eat with other people I'd get comments from them about "how could I eat that, it's not real food." Same case with all of my vegetarian friends.

Yeah, but there's a pretty big difference between vegetarian and vegan.  Vegetarians are usually people that choose to not eat meat for the health benefits.  Vegans are uptight, arrogant people.  The foodist version of a BMW driver.  They're so arrogant and believe they're superior to everyone, and will make sure you know it.  Generalizing, of course, but in my experience, it has been true 100% of the time with vegans.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

May 23, 2016, 09:16:03 AMReply #861

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: May 23, 2016, 09:16:03 AM »
OK. maybe it's better if I just stay quiet now... oh wait... shoot I blew it.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

May 23, 2016, 11:32:34 AMReply #862

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 23, 2016, 11:32:34 AM »
Yeah, but there's a pretty big difference between vegetarian and vegan.  Vegetarians are usually people that choose to not eat meat for the health benefits.  Vegans are uptight, arrogant people.  The foodist version of a BMW driver.  They're so arrogant and believe they're superior to everyone, and will make sure you know it.  Generalizing, of course, but in my experience, it has been true 100% of the time with vegans.

This tends to be my experience too. People who change their diet for health reasons (even if they go full vegan) I get and am totally cool with. People who change their diet because of the cruelty to animals in the food industry I also can completely understand. It's when they say that their lifestyle is "right"'and everyone else's is "wrong" that it crosses the line on either side of the whole thing.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

May 23, 2016, 12:02:02 PMReply #863

Offline derp

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: May 23, 2016, 12:02:02 PM »
I was a vegetarian for four years before I stopped (for a few reasons, I'd still rather be one). In that time, the only time I'd talk about it would be when people asked why I was/wasn't eating something, and every single time I'd eat with other people I'd get comments from them about "how could I eat that, it's not real food." Same case with all of my vegetarian friends.
You should go hunting, when I go pheasant hunting and I knocked a bird from the air with my shotgun and watch my dog tear into it while it blinks for the last time, it's beautiful in a very natural way.
"I am not the Lord Darth Vader--I do not spend my men recklessly. Nor do I take their deaths lightly."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2016, 09:14:30 AMReply #864

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 24, 2016, 09:14:30 AM »
I don't like brutality
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

May 24, 2016, 11:36:04 AMReply #865

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: May 24, 2016, 11:36:04 AM »
As an unrepentant carnivore I can offer this, when you cut plants they slowly SLOWLY die. They rot while alive, you mince them while they are alive and ultimately plants convert carbon dioxide to O2 which is good, animals make methane and carbon dioxide. My carnivorous ways are not only merciful, they are helping the planet.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

May 24, 2016, 12:46:29 PMReply #866

Offline derp

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: May 24, 2016, 12:46:29 PM »
I don't like brutality
Life is brutal, I think modern technology allows people to forget this.
"I am not the Lord Darth Vader--I do not spend my men recklessly. Nor do I take their deaths lightly."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2016, 01:54:23 PMReply #867

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: May 24, 2016, 01:54:23 PM »
As an unrepentant carnivore I can offer this, when you cut plants they slowly SLOWLY die. They rot while alive, you mince them while they are alive and ultimately plants convert carbon dioxide to O2 which is good, animals make methane and carbon dioxide. My carnivorous ways are not only merciful, they are helping the planet.

Save a plant, EAT MEAT!!!!
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

May 24, 2016, 02:51:13 PMReply #868

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: May 24, 2016, 02:51:13 PM »
Save a plant, EAT MEAT!!!!
well said
Life is brutal, I think modern technology allows people to forget this.
I was talking about Mortal Combat... I don't like brutality. I always end up in the wrong side...

May 24, 2016, 03:35:53 PMReply #869

Offline derp

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: May 24, 2016, 03:35:53 PM »
well saidI was talking about Mortal Combat... I don't like brutality. I always end up in the wrong side...
Just play an easy character, that's how you win at mortal kombat.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2016, 05:55:02 PMReply #870

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: May 24, 2016, 05:55:02 PM »

Unfortunately, the truth is that factory farming of animals is one of the bigger contributors to climate change, given all the methane and CO2 that our livestock produce and that we produce that livestock in far greater numbers than living in the wild could possibly support, as well as how much land is used to grow food to support them.

And TLMiller's right: there are reasons my joke was about vegans, not vegetarians. ;)

May 24, 2016, 06:11:46 PMReply #871

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-12
  • Disney stop closing the website down, I mean it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: May 24, 2016, 06:11:46 PM »
You can always just go into a field with a really big knife and slaughter all the cattle I mean I'm sure the farmer won't like it but you can always say " I'm saving the planet by stopping these cattle by going to the slaughter house".
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\\\"Challenge and diversity make us strong. Too much protection can prevent us from learning, from reaching our potential. We can learn from others, but we must also learn from our own experiences. . . and our own mistakes.\\\" Luke Skywalker

\\\"An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!\\\" RC-01/138

May 25, 2016, 02:46:12 PMReply #872

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: May 25, 2016, 02:46:12 PM »
if you want to play Rambo. Fighting in the jungle... XD

May 25, 2016, 03:04:27 PMReply #873

Offline derp

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: May 25, 2016, 03:04:27 PM »
You can always just go into a field with a really big knife and slaughter all the cattle I mean I'm sure the farmer won't like it but you can always say " I'm saving the planet by stopping these cattle by going to the slaughter house".
Don't be surprised if you find yourself staring down two barrels of a shotgun.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 25, 2016, 04:24:25 PMReply #874

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: May 25, 2016, 04:24:25 PM »

Any animals doing open grazing are not being factory farmed.  If we only grew our animals through open grazing, they'd be less of an issue where climate change is concerned, though the price of meat would be far, far higher.

May 25, 2016, 10:34:39 PMReply #875

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: May 25, 2016, 10:34:39 PM »
the effect of livestock on climate change I extremely minor compared to cars and volcanoes. While you say that killing them is saving the planet, you aren't addressing the real problem. We need to blow up all of the volcanoes. Only then can we stop climate change.

May 25, 2016, 10:35:26 PMReply #876

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: May 25, 2016, 10:35:26 PM »
And every farmer I know has more guns than people in their house so...

May 26, 2016, 01:52:12 AMReply #877

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: May 26, 2016, 01:52:12 AM »
chances of certain death is quite high

May 26, 2016, 02:54:22 AMReply #878

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: May 26, 2016, 02:54:22 AM »
Indeed they are.

Just a heads up to anyone who doesn't have Sins yet, the Deluxe Edition that includes the soundtrack and the 2 DLCs is 75% off through the 30th.

In other news, I discovered I am very bad at Ascendancy.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

May 26, 2016, 07:06:08 AMReply #879

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-12
  • Disney stop closing the website down, I mean it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: May 26, 2016, 07:06:08 AM »
In other news, I discovered I am very bad at Ascendancy.
Join the club i'm terrible at it.

chances of certain death is quite high
I never said anything about being alive at the end of it.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 07:09:02 AM by Mat8876 »
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\\\"Challenge and diversity make us strong. Too much protection can prevent us from learning, from reaching our potential. We can learn from others, but we must also learn from our own experiences. . . and our own mistakes.\\\" Luke Skywalker

\\\"An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!\\\" RC-01/138

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!