Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Last Person to Post Wins  (Read 819448 times)

May 07, 2016, 04:54:59 AMReply #780

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
Re: Last Person to Post Wins
« Reply #780 on: May 07, 2016, 04:54:59 AM »
Very true. For being a God of the underworld he is surprisingly just and fair
Especially after his own brothers banished him there.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

May 07, 2016, 11:21:12 AMReply #781

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: May 07, 2016, 11:21:12 AM »
Especially after his own brothers banished him there.

Probably banished him because they didn't like his ruling style. I mean, what God in their right mind has time to be a good ruler? They should all be living debauched lives and treating their subjects as insignificant playthings.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

May 07, 2016, 04:30:01 PMReply #782

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: May 07, 2016, 04:30:01 PM »
The Greek Underworld is often viewed as a bad place, largely because of Christian notions of Hell getting mixed up with it, but the Underworld was simply the next step after life where all souls went.  It had various parts, some for the good, some for the bad, and Hades/Pluto is given various interpretations ranging from kind to cruel.

The Greco-Roman gods were interesting because they had character - they had flaws and virtues, desires and the potential to fail in seeking them.  Monotheistic gods tend to be fairly one-dimensional by comparison, with little in the way of goals, character growth over time (usually because they're proclaimed perfect beings from the start) and with nearly all failures being treated as the fault of their human followers, not the gods themselves.

May 07, 2016, 05:11:03 PMReply #783

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: May 07, 2016, 05:11:03 PM »
And now to a completely unrelated topic: I finally slogged through all 15 pages of new/updated topics on the forums since I disappeared last year. That was lots of fun! We have so much cool stuff coming up.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 07, 2016, 07:24:27 PMReply #784

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: May 07, 2016, 07:24:27 PM »
The Greek Underworld is often viewed as a bad place, largely because of Christian notions of Hell getting mixed up with it, but the Underworld was simply the next step after life where all souls went.  It had various parts, some for the good, some for the bad, and Hades/Pluto is given various interpretations ranging from kind to cruel.

The Greco-Roman gods were interesting because they had character - they had flaws and virtues, desires and the potential to fail in seeking them.  Monotheistic gods tend to be fairly one-dimensional by comparison, with little in the way of goals, character growth over time (usually because they're proclaimed perfect beings from the start) and with nearly all failures being treated as the fault of their human followers, not the gods themselves.
Agreed
And now to a completely unrelated topic: I finally slogged through all 15 pages of new/updated topics on the forums since I disappeared last year. That was lots of fun! We have so much cool stuff coming up.
Glad. I enjoy being here too :D
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

May 07, 2016, 07:34:40 PMReply #785

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: May 07, 2016, 07:34:40 PM »
Can't wait for Greater Maldrood and Eriadu Authority. It'll be very fun to play as Warlords proper. And I need to watch for Steam sales for SoaSE so I can join in on the Ascendancy fun.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 08, 2016, 01:00:30 AMReply #786

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: May 08, 2016, 01:00:30 AM »
Can't wait for Greater Maldrood and Eriadu Authority. It'll be very fun to play as Warlords proper. And I need to watch for Steam sales for SoaSE so I can join in on the Ascendancy fun.
me too... I have the damn disc version and let's just say, it's less than optimal...
Not to mention that the disc is starting to look... interesting. Yeah I used it a whole lot, and though I watched out for it, you know what tends to happen to discs...

May 08, 2016, 01:37:51 AMReply #787

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-12
  • Disney stop closing the website down, I mean it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: May 08, 2016, 01:37:51 AM »
You should take care of your discs more I've been on this planet for 20 years and still haven't caused a disc to be unusable. Nearly but not quite.
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\\\"Challenge and diversity make us strong. Too much protection can prevent us from learning, from reaching our potential. We can learn from others, but we must also learn from our own experiences. . . and our own mistakes.\\\" Luke Skywalker

\\\"An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!\\\" RC-01/138

May 08, 2016, 05:59:10 AMReply #788

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: May 08, 2016, 05:59:10 AM »
You should take care of your discs more I've been on this planet for 20 years and still haven't caused a disc to be unusable. Nearly but not quite.
heh, I've won. I've been on this planet for 23 years, and caused only 1 disc to be unreadable, but even that was on purpose. I wanted to write some music out for my grandpa and somehow it did not work quite well, so I broke it in half.
BTW usually the problem starts when I give a disc to a friend. My only criteria is to "if I see a scratch I'll kill you" and when I get back there are scratches all over it...
Then for thirty minutes I usually ventillate by screaming in their faces...

May 08, 2016, 11:33:13 AMReply #789

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: May 08, 2016, 11:33:13 AM »
heh, I've won. I've been on this planet for 23 years, and caused only 1 disc to be unreadable, but even that was on purpose. I wanted to write some music out for my grandpa and somehow it did not work quite well, so I broke it in half.
BTW usually the problem starts when I give a disc to a friend. My only criteria is to "if I see a scratch I'll kill you" and when I get back there are scratches all over it...
Then for thirty minutes I usually ventillate by screaming in their faces...

That really is a great policy for disc borrowing, though executions for failure may enhance it a bit.

Currently I have not killed any discs in my 19 years, so I'm doing alright thus far.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 08, 2016, 03:31:01 PMReply #790

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: May 08, 2016, 03:31:01 PM »
Hell, I've killed dozens of discs, and I couldn't care less.  The vast, vast majority wouldn't be of any use to me now. ;)

May 08, 2016, 05:08:27 PMReply #791

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: May 08, 2016, 05:08:27 PM »
That really is a great policy for disc borrowing, though executions for failure may enhance it a bit.

Currently I have not killed any discs in my 19 years, so I'm doing alright thus far.
Thing is I give this as a criteria, but for myself too. If I borrow a disc from a friend, i give it back to him the way I got it, not even a scratch.
This is why my games from the 90s still work.

May 08, 2016, 07:05:58 PMReply #792

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-12
  • Disney stop closing the website down, I mean it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: May 08, 2016, 07:05:58 PM »
Or do what I do and not let my friends take my games most of the times presides most of the games I had were not the "big" games and where not as important.
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\\\"Challenge and diversity make us strong. Too much protection can prevent us from learning, from reaching our potential. We can learn from others, but we must also learn from our own experiences. . . and our own mistakes.\\\" Luke Skywalker

\\\"An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!\\\" RC-01/138

May 08, 2016, 07:09:10 PMReply #793

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: May 08, 2016, 07:09:10 PM »
Well, if you want to do it that way... though I think it is selfish not to, at least once. Then if they messed one of my games up, I did not eather, but before that I always gave them a chance, and I had 1 friend whom I told not even a scratch, and he really gave it back perfect condition.

May 08, 2016, 07:51:42 PMReply #794

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: May 08, 2016, 07:51:42 PM »
Yeah I'd give them a chance with a game that is either not one of my big plays or is easy to find/cheap to purchase. I have a couple games that are hard to find that I don't entrust to anyone unless I know them well.

But all that really doesn't matter as my list of friends is paltry and none of them really are gamers.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 11, 2016, 04:31:48 PMReply #795

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: May 11, 2016, 04:31:48 PM »
pszt, I took the win.
BTW: you don't see this :D

May 11, 2016, 05:15:41 PMReply #796

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: May 11, 2016, 05:15:41 PM »
pszt, I took the win.
BTW: you don't see this :D

Actually I do
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 11, 2016, 05:59:20 PMReply #797

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: May 11, 2016, 05:59:20 PM »
No you don't

May 11, 2016, 08:38:36 PMReply #798

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: May 11, 2016, 08:38:36 PM »
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 12, 2016, 03:12:38 AMReply #799

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: May 12, 2016, 03:12:38 AM »
Hehe, but I won't give up without a fight either way

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!