Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Last Person to Post Wins  (Read 819776 times)

April 27, 2017, 11:22:36 PMReply #2220

Offline briG

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-3
    • View Profile
Re: Last Person to Post Wins
« Reply #2220 on: April 27, 2017, 11:22:36 PM »
Algieba is useful and has it's roots firmly planted in reality.

Calculus I still is somewhat grounded but Calculus II is like trying to build on the thousand story scaffolding that is Calc II and by that point you can't even see the ground, you're off in space.

The reasoning behind not being able to use our calculators to do most of the work for us is also questionable. The same professors would also champion the statement "work smarter, not harder" if asked if they agree with it.

April 28, 2017, 12:35:47 AMReply #2221

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: April 28, 2017, 12:35:47 AM »
The reasoning behind not being able to use our calculators to do most of the work for us is also questionable. The same professors would also champion the statement "work smarter, not harder" if asked if they agree with it.

The problem being that if you don't know how to work "hard" you never will fully understand why it works. The only reason we can benefit from things that make our lives easier (such as calculators) is because of those who were able to convert their "hard work" into "smart work."
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

April 28, 2017, 12:55:53 AMReply #2222

Offline the_trots

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: April 28, 2017, 12:55:53 AM »
Maybe we can make it so only people with a University education/ currently in one and finally those older than 19, I think that will filter out some of those people

University attendance is not a guarantee that one can conduct himself in a respectable manner.

A University education is not a measure of higher intelligence either but that is another can of worms.

April 28, 2017, 01:35:13 AMReply #2223

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: April 28, 2017, 01:35:13 AM »
Algebra is like breathing to me, bu I've had friends in college that I helped who could barely factor.
See this is why I'm majoring in something that doesn't involve math! Math is not my strong suit
University attendance is not a guarantee that one can conduct himself in a respectable manner.

A University education is not a measure of higher intelligence either but that is another can of worms.
That's also why I said older than 19
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 01:37:11 AM by Mr.Puerto »
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

April 28, 2017, 10:29:03 AMReply #2224

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: April 28, 2017, 10:29:03 AM »

Well said. Also age is not a guarantee that one can conduct himself in a respectable manner.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

April 28, 2017, 10:49:35 AMReply #2225

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: April 28, 2017, 10:49:35 AM »
now THAT is certainly true
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

April 28, 2017, 01:44:59 PMReply #2226

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: April 28, 2017, 01:44:59 PM »
I'm 12 at heart, I call my gf a pedo all the time because of it.

April 28, 2017, 01:57:23 PMReply #2227

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: April 28, 2017, 01:57:23 PM »
(smack self)
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

April 28, 2017, 03:39:57 PMReply #2228

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: April 28, 2017, 03:39:57 PM »
I can imagine that goes well in arguments... "AT LEAST I'M NOT DATING A 12 YEAR OLD"
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

April 28, 2017, 03:57:15 PMReply #2229

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: April 28, 2017, 03:57:15 PM »
(smack self)

April 28, 2017, 07:07:57 PMReply #2230

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: April 28, 2017, 07:07:57 PM »
I can imagine that goes well in arguments... "AT LEAST I'M NOT DATING A 12 YEAR OLD"

word for word  ;D

Though I just beat her at chess yesterday, so sometimes she doesn't buy it.

April 28, 2017, 07:25:05 PMReply #2231

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: April 28, 2017, 07:25:05 PM »
word for word  ;D

Though I just beat her at chess yesterday, so sometimes she doesn't buy it.

Hey, there are some pretty capable kids out there  :laugh: :laugh:

April 29, 2017, 09:41:23 AMReply #2232

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: April 29, 2017, 09:41:23 AM »
that is also true

April 29, 2017, 11:39:09 AMReply #2233

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: April 29, 2017, 11:39:09 AM »
My dad is a contractor that hasn't grown up yet either. He has a few hundred hot wheels on his office walls and he built a track for his toy trains to drive around his office while he is working. He even welds metal animals out of scrap metal when he's bored.

April 29, 2017, 01:32:14 PMReply #2234

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: April 29, 2017, 01:32:14 PM »
My dad is a contractor that hasn't grown up yet either. He has a few hundred hot wheels on his office walls and he built a track for his toy trains to drive around his office while he is working. He even welds metal animals out of scrap metal when he's bored.
I think that's called having a badass hobby.

April 29, 2017, 06:07:48 PMReply #2235

Offline Grand Admiral Rufaan Tigellinus

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-0
  • One of the 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2235 on: April 29, 2017, 06:07:48 PM »
How come I haven't commented on this thread yet, it's so awesome. Everyone seems to hang out here most of the time :D
"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Maybe those nihilist philosophers are right; maybe this is all we can expect of the universe, a relentless crushing of life and spirit, because the equilibrium state of the cosmos is death" - Arthur C. Clarke

"We even ignited the first atomic bomb on the day commemorating the transfiguration of Christ, thus unconsciously signaling that we intended likewise to transform the world, not only after the light but after darkness - with a blast that burned several times hotter than the surface of the sun." - Stanislav Grof, "Human Survival and Consciousness Evolution"

April 29, 2017, 07:50:47 PMReply #2236

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: April 29, 2017, 07:50:47 PM »
if you are at the computer at the time

April 29, 2017, 07:56:18 PMReply #2237

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: April 29, 2017, 07:56:18 PM »
It's basically this forum's version of a Random Chat thread by now.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

April 29, 2017, 08:00:17 PMReply #2238

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: April 29, 2017, 08:00:17 PM »
yeah, but i win

April 29, 2017, 09:21:12 PMReply #2239

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: April 29, 2017, 09:21:12 PM »
all of the cool people like to chat here about random stuff.  8=)

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!