Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Last Person to Post Wins  (Read 827112 times)

February 24, 2017, 06:15:25 PMReply #1880

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
Re: Last Person to Post Wins
« Reply #1880 on: February 24, 2017, 06:15:25 PM »
Corey posted white I was writing this (previous page), but I'm going to add my thoughts anyway. 

Fouth, I'm okay with cutting federal funding for abortions, because a lot of people don't want their tax money going to abortions due to not agreeing with it. You can't just say "you aren't allowed to use this money for abortions" because you can't check to see if they actually listened.
That's a very slippery slope though. If you cut federal funding in one area because one part of society don't agree with it then why not do the same in other areas?  Some people don't think children should receive vaccinations - do you ban all federal funds from organisations that do any form of vaccinations?

If you come into the country illegally you are committing multiple crimes. The most big and most fucking annoying is tax evasion. These people don't have to pay taxes when I have to God Damn taxes. And yes if they give birth to a kid here yes he is a American citizen but that is no excuse to avoid taxes. And What makes it worse is when they have kids they can apply to get welfare which WE have to pay for which is a problem. Not Mention they take jobs people who came in the right and fair way should have.
Catch 22. They can't pay taxes because they are illegally in the country, and they can't become legal residents because there isn't a way to achieve that.  If they could become legal residents and pay taxes I'm sure most would be perfectly happy to do so.

With regards taking jobs from other legal residents presumably most illegal workers are employed on a casual or seasonal basis with no job security and paid cash in hand for the minimum the employer can get away with.  If those illegal workers weren't around would a] legal workers be willing to take on those roles for the same minimal pay and no job security, or b] the employer be willing to pay more to attract legal workers?  Either of which would have a corresponding impact on either the availability or price of the end product/service to business/consumers.

The Other problem is the way Islam treats other religions and other "ethic groups/minorities". Islam is oppressive of women and LGBT people. I don't think all Muslims are like this but the ones form that region are much more prone to this way.
Now when it comes to Abortions this is my belief.
Abortions when it comes to rape and the safety of a mother's life is just fine.
But Abortions should not be use as a birth control. Btw I'm a Roman Catholic so I believe this is wrong since in our beliefs it is the taking of a innocent life who has the right to live.
Now I've quoted these two parts together deliberately.  Christianity, and in some cases the Roman Catholic church particularly, is not and has not always been accommodating to other religions (crusades) or a friend to women or minorities like the LGBT community.

To you abortion is the taking of a life, to others the attempts to ban or deny access to the option of abortion is an oppression of women and their rights to control what happens to their body.  It can be argued both ways but banning or defunding abortions on the basis of religious doctrine isn't really a good enough reason - particularly since the US constitution prevents the establishment of a state religion (although that bit seems to be ignored pretty much everywhere - "in God we trust", "so help me God" etc).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 06:17:59 PM by Slornie »
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

February 24, 2017, 09:24:18 PMReply #1881

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: February 24, 2017, 09:24:18 PM »
There's shitty people everywhere.
I took this line and want to make one point about it. Your Right

We live in a World of shitty people.
Sometimes I just wish My Fucking Country could just come together and work with each other.
It really sucks I hear news reports on the same shit.
BREAKING NEWS TRUMP SAID THIS BAD THING OR IS BLASTING THE MEDIA

*sigh*

I've finally come to the idea that 4 things are at fault here.
Trump: I don't need to repeat what everyone says.
The Media: They always add fuel to fire
Us: we voted for him
the republican party: They didn't take him seriously

"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

February 24, 2017, 10:05:05 PMReply #1882

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: February 24, 2017, 10:05:05 PM »
That's a very slippery slope though. If you cut federal funding in one area because one part of society don't agree with it then why not do the same in other areas?  Some people don't think children should receive vaccinations - do you ban all federal funds from organisations that do any form of vaccinations?
To say childeren shouldn't recieve something that is proven to prevent them from contracting deadly diseases is fundamentally different than saying that I don't want to pay for Martha's abortion because she decided Steve didn't need a condom. One is preventing otherwise unpreventable deaths in a scientifically proven manner while the other is supporting people who have decided to waste my tax money. Honestly, I would be really happy if the government combed through all of the hotly debated topics and just said "we aren't gonna deal with this shit", or better yet if they realized that a lot of these programs are actually privileges (like welfare) and that they can add rules with the consequence of simply taking away the privilige if people decide to abuse it. But I know that will never happen because the American government either goes all in or not at all.
[/quote]
With recreational I'd agree (and they do), but not with work-related travel. If that were the case, it would ensure only the incredibly rich could become president. The primary costs come from security details and the like, which are probably necessary considering the political climate, can total millions of dollars over a term. What they shouldn't be allowed to do is insist on living and travel arrangements that are pointlessly expensive.

Before we go and I quit as well, the problem is this. As explained by my student government teacher in high school, you go on vacation to Hawaii with some coworkers. You go golfing with said coworkers in Hawaii. You make a few passing statements about a problem that you are supposed to be addressing. This is now considered work-related travel and is reimbursed in full by the government with tax payer money.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 10:17:08 PM by Helix345 »

February 24, 2017, 10:11:38 PMReply #1883

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: February 24, 2017, 10:11:38 PM »
I like his military picks as when in a war having people with both experience and more investment in the end goal over political popularity but agree with little else.
The wall and deportations are absolutely wasteful. Make them citizens, make entry easier and you can tax them as citizens rather than wasting millions deporting them and trying to enforce the border. The travel ban is also meaningless. I do not like him as a person or as a candidate but not everything he's done has been a mistake. Bannon appointment however sickens me
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

February 25, 2017, 02:20:05 AMReply #1884

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: February 25, 2017, 02:20:05 AM »
Not trying to derail the conversation (ok, who am I kidding, completely trying to change the subject), for anyone who missed it here's the photo of the main cast for the Han Solo movie.

Apparently JJ Abrams says the script is fantastic. That does not inspire confidence.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

February 25, 2017, 05:44:16 AMReply #1885

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: February 25, 2017, 05:44:16 AM »
Oh god. Jar Jar approves :(
I'm scared.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

February 25, 2017, 03:27:23 PMReply #1886

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: February 25, 2017, 03:27:23 PM »
Well the folks that did the LEGO Movie are the ones that are doing the film, and that was a surprisingly decent movie IMO. Have to wait and see. Woody Harrison is going to be playing Garris Shrike, so that's interesting.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

February 25, 2017, 04:10:45 PMReply #1887

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: February 25, 2017, 04:10:45 PM »
Not trying to derail the conversation (ok, who am I kidding, completely trying to change the subject), for anyone who missed it here's the photo of the main cast for the Han Solo movie.
Presumably they're using the same Falcon sets as built for The Force Awakens - I wonder how much set dressing and other tweaking they've had to do to show the ship is 50 years younger!

Well the folks that did the LEGO Movie are the ones that are doing the film, and that was a surprisingly decent movie IMO.
So everything is Awesome, then?  :P
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

February 25, 2017, 04:36:41 PMReply #1888

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: February 25, 2017, 04:36:41 PM »
OMG WHYYYYYY!?!?!?!?
You reminded me of that song. WHY?
This was cruel. now it will plague my mind for a week again...
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

February 25, 2017, 05:40:39 PMReply #1889

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: February 25, 2017, 05:40:39 PM »
OMG WHYYYYYY!?!?!?!?

Just for you:

https://m.

I still find it equal parts cool, amusing, and ridiculous that once again, despite claims of wanting to take a new direction with the franchise, they go and bring in a Legends character. And an obscure one at that.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

February 25, 2017, 06:12:41 PMReply #1890

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1890 on: February 25, 2017, 06:12:41 PM »
I actually liked that song

February 25, 2017, 07:48:51 PMReply #1891

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: February 25, 2017, 07:48:51 PM »
Well so long as we're doing catchy songs from cartoons...

"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

February 25, 2017, 09:50:06 PMReply #1892

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: February 25, 2017, 09:50:06 PM »
OMG WHYYYYYY!?!?!?!?

i actually didn't mind the song. it was "Let it go" from Frozen and "Pizza Angel" from Veggie tales, among others, that are aggravating to me
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

February 26, 2017, 02:07:43 AMReply #1893

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: February 26, 2017, 02:07:43 AM »
I actually liked that song
i actually didn't mind the song. it was "Let it go" from Frozen and "Pizza Angel" from Veggie tales, among others, that are aggravating to me
I never said I didn't like the song :P
Just said WHYYYY?!?!?

February 26, 2017, 11:19:02 AMReply #1894

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: February 26, 2017, 11:19:02 AM »
well, there are worse songs to be stuck in your head. look up, Here Fluffy and you will see what i mean
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

February 27, 2017, 01:40:37 AMReply #1895

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: February 27, 2017, 01:40:37 AM »
if that would be a really bad but catchy song, lucky me, I don't know it.

February 27, 2017, 10:36:08 AMReply #1896

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: February 27, 2017, 10:36:08 AM »
Nor do I. I should probably be glad.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

February 27, 2017, 12:47:29 PMReply #1897

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: February 27, 2017, 12:47:29 PM »
Nor do I. I should probably be glad.
Amen to that

February 27, 2017, 10:08:11 PMReply #1898

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: February 27, 2017, 10:08:11 PM »
agreed

February 28, 2017, 06:45:11 AMReply #1899

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: February 28, 2017, 06:45:11 AM »
OMG the company I work for considers a May the 4th star wars themed discount  ;D
The world is full of nerds lol :)

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!