Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: AoSW dead?  (Read 4558 times)

July 04, 2009, 01:17:23 PM

Offline KillerHurdz

• Recruit
  • Approval: +1/-1
    • View Profile
AoSW dead?
« on: July 04, 2009, 01:17:23 PM »
What happend guys?  Honestly, I was looking forward to this mod more than ANY of the others.  Really disapointing.

http://gutr.swrebellion.com/aosw/aoswforums/index.php

Is there a story behind this?  I know that many went to work on TR but to just totally kill it off with all of that progress made?  It wasnt that far from being more complete than the original EAW was and I loved that.

July 04, 2009, 01:48:48 PMReply #1

Offline Enceladus

• Assistant Canadian
  • Former Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +33/-11
  • Did I mention GROUNDBREAKING?
    • View Profile
Re: AoSW dead?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 01:48:48 PM »
People disappeared, people lost interest, people stopped caring, people didn't have time for AoSW etc.

Its been dead for a long time in essence. It's just now that the forums have actually been shut down.

~Thrawn's Revenge Staff~

July 04, 2009, 03:45:28 PMReply #2

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 03:45:28 PM »
AoSW was anything but complete. It wasn't a conscious decision for the staff that worked for both TR and AoSW to just work on AoSW. There were really only like 3 people who were active and on both teams (Enceladus, Dr. Nick and myself). The rest of the team just stopped working. There was never any plan to finish TR then work on AoSW, everyone just lost interest.

Long story short, nobody cared.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

July 04, 2009, 03:47:22 PMReply #3

Offline Dr. Knickers

• Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +21/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 03:47:22 PM »
As I said on Petroglyph's Forums...

It's dead again for the same reason why it died in the first place. A lack of dedicated team members. We restarted AoSW, hoping to avoid the same blunders and shortages in staffers that we experienced in the first place, since the community voiced an interest in helping complete AoSW. As you can see, this didn't turn out so well.

July 05, 2009, 05:12:59 PMReply #4

Cicero

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 05:12:59 PM »
Too bad I rather thought it was a good Idea but atleast TR is seemingly going strong and is close to completion apparently  along with RAW and a few others. I wonder who has the files for AoSW and hopefully they'll release the models and skins for the community to enjoy.

July 05, 2009, 06:29:15 PMReply #5

Offline Admiral Gabriel

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +7/-7
  • Death will come to all
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 06:29:15 PM »
it was a good idea.   personally i didn't really like the ships or units of that era. but still it was a very good idea. how knows maybe some day someone will pick up were you left of.
Hold your fire. Hold your fire Admiral? What are paying by the laser now.

There ship has been damaged death will come to them in a slow and very painful way.

Yes sir!!!!!!!!!!

July 06, 2009, 05:30:17 AMReply #6

Offline vadereclipse

• Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +28/-27
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 05:30:17 AM »
well, half the members of AOSW (Kalo, Lord_X, THX) seem to have disappeared. as much as i am disappointed, it can't be finished by 1 person, or anything.
it would be nice to see someone else finish the mod, but i'm sure the creators know what they're doing.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!