Do you have any sort of student email?
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
now, something that might happen, is a Sins of a Solar Empire mod that has the stuff from these mods. maybe a extra mod addon 1 day.
Mod team member since: 2016(more specific time will be added as soon as I find it somewhere...)
EoTH ships getting a nerf? They were fine, that is going to make them much harder to play, especially without an SSD or ship of equal size.
Speaking of SSDs, what "supership" will the hand get, if at all, all the other factions have some sort of SSD or ship of equal strength
i'm not a modeller, but i believe i've seen that model before. if i could splice the models together and give it a more detailed bridge would you guys want/use that?
have you guys considered actually adding in a new order faction? since canon is shot at this point anyway it'd just be a different flavour of empire.
yes, but why can't you include the faction as a 'nod' like thrawn is in disney's star wars: rebels? thrawn is still legends, but he's also in disney canon to some extent, like bane is .
SW7 actually still makes some sense in legends canon if you ignore jaina never existing amongst other things. pentastar can pretty much even sue for peace in this mod, as well - which is what parts of the empire did in disney canon. even luke's jedi order went to shit at the end of jedi search, which is where kylo's character came from. the new order is just another warlord faction previously unmentioned. the truth is that disney and JJ more specifically are too inept to take into account developed canon. hence kelvin and jar jar timeline
have you guys considered actually adding in a new order faction? since canon is shot at this point anyway it'd just be a different flavour of empire. they'd probably be the high-tech "bleeding edge" empire, with lower ship counts but bigger superweapons and ships, and more khyber weapons - but since it's bleeding edge tech it all costs a lot more than the other factions, leading to a very slow start. - basically the opposite of pentastar
republic would be nice in this mod, even if it makes basicly no sense - since the venator is constantly referred to as a cruiser.
1) allegiance class is too dark. i don't know if it's meant to be black, but it'll be nicer with imperial class star destroyers in the same colour scheme.
2) unit icons are far too large. i understand that you want to display a lot of information but they are far too blocky.
3) the planet icons should be reverted to standard sins. while i understand you guys want to make it your ownWe have redone them ourselves since the version you're playing. You can see the new ones here.
4) the bridge for the superlaser dreadnought looks unfinished, while the mod is WIP i understand this, but it'd be nice to see it replaced with a standard imperial bridge rather than like a horn-looking thing. i'd also suggest modifying the model's front to make it less blocky. it'd be nice to also have the multiple-beamed laser like on the death star, though i suppose this is impossible in-engine. i also don't remember hearing the superlaser sound, so that's another thing to consider.
5) gas giants could be colonisable using a starbase, and upgraded by adding stabases. since bespin is a gas giant it only makes sense that you should be able to colonise them, and use them to collect extra tibanna gas - since this is what bespin produces. each starbase adds one of every type of upgrade to the planet, since it's adding one "cloud city"
empire of the hand seems to need something juicy. while they can't use superweapons or titans, i'd suggest a "bismarck" style super-battleship which is the middle point between disney's kylo star destroyer and an imperial star destroyer 1 - the idea being that a small ship has the weapons to deal with any foe, fitting with the glass cannon idea. ironically the only thing wrong with this probably IS canon.