Posted by: Corey« on: June 04, 2018, 01:11:58 AM »
Magus is correct. The only version currently available for non-Steam versions is the regular 2.2. Every time we've tried to release the patches opn their own since, people don't understand how to install them, so we've removed both of the patches we've tried to release that way, and which means the only way we have to release them is to re-upload the entire mod, which is a lot of work and takes a lot of time, and people would generally be upset if they had to download the entire mod every few weeks, which is why we're waiting until all the major patches are done before making the new version available for non-Steam versions.
Posted by: Magus« on: June 02, 2018, 09:27:08 AM »
Perhaps it wasn't clear, but Corey was saying that 2.2.3, 2.2.4 etc are Steam-only. You can get 2.2 on ModDB, and you will be able to get 2.2.5 there when it's finished, but the incremental patches in-between are Steam-only until 2.2.5 is released and they are incorporated into the ModDB download.
Posted by: DarthRevan106« on: June 02, 2018, 05:52:23 AM »
We don't know when 2.2.5 will be released, however that is when the changes will be made for ModDB. We'll be re-uploading the mod entirely. Generally people get upset if they have to redownload the whole mod every couple weeks, so we don't put every patch on ModDB. When we've tried to upload individual patches, people have generally had problems installing them and ultimately it's caused more issues than it's worth to do it that way.Well i am asking cause i cant seem to find a way to get the latest patch due to the fact that i don't have the game purchased on Steam. Tbh i cant find the 2.2.3 patch anywhere either.So where did the 2.2.3 patch go and where can i get the 2.2.4 aside from steam is even possible?.I am sorry for being so "questiony" but i really like the mod and i wanna play on the latest patch naturally.
Posted by: Corey« on: June 01, 2018, 05:41:21 PM »
We don't know when 2.2.5 will be released, however that is when the changes will be made for ModDB. We'll be re-uploading the mod entirely. Generally people get upset if they have to redownload the whole mod every couple weeks, so we don't put every patch on ModDB. When we've tried to upload individual patches, people have generally had problems installing them and ultimately it's caused more issues than it's worth to do it that way.
Posted by: DarthRevan106« on: May 31, 2018, 03:10:42 AM »
Will this patch be Steam only?If it wont when will it be downloadable from moddb?Also when can we expect 2.2.5?
Posted by: Corey« on: May 27, 2018, 01:29:58 PM »
This patch primarily focuses on attempting to fix or reduce the freeze issues which sometimes occur when battles end. So far, we've had few to no reports of it since certain fixes were applied, but we can't be 100% sure without more testing. There's a potential for some transaction-relient abilities to still cause it (boarding, Single-unit retreat) so we're keeping an eye on those specifically. We've also applied several AI upgrades, along with other smaller bug fixes and changes. This patch will not be compatible with saves from 2.2.3.
2.2.4 Change Log:
- Several map updates (Phindar, Serenno maps added)
- Re-added m,ap preview images (on invasion/base layout sacreens)
- AI Improvements:
-- Improved the way defending ground forces interact with landing zones (defendedrs shouldn't care about enemy reinforcements, they can go take landing zones)
-- Certain defensive plans made more accessible to AI
-- Fixed EotH building namers in AI plans
-- Improved AI handling of planetary weapons (factions using PA HVGun should fire it now)
-- SSD asteroid collision removed to help with pathfinding
-- AI now takes reinforcements into account before deciding to retreat
-- Incrteased desire to upgrade starbase levels
-- Added Interdictor as independent category type for AI use
-- Other minor adjustments
- Validusia made available to all Imperial factions
- Validusia range increased, should now outrange most ships and actually be somewhat useful (2100 -> 3100)
- Nerfed Ewok hunter damage
- Various text fixes (including Trier, Okins and Kosh ship command text, boarding use depletion tooltip)
- Lag experiements: restored AI for inactive factions, incraesed galactic movespeed (may be reverted)
- Fixed Megamaser graphical effects (singles should no longer render as duals)
- MMT AoE damage removed. strong single-target damage, shouldn't wipe infantry squads- Gamescoring script restored, should track end-game stats more accurately now)
- Documentation updates: EotH only for now, added more stats to tooltips
- Potential fix for crash opn completion of Katana Fleet mission (needs more testing)
- Elrood income 220 -> 120
- Oto, Empress, Validusia prices adjusted
- Empress Proton Torpedo launch count 2 -> 1 for all HPs
- Raid fleets temporarily disabled in era-progressive GCs
- Harrsk combat bonus to own star destroyer now applies properly (Whirlwind)
- Performance improvements to structure display